To study a Bible lesson, start with the first citation from the Bible in Section 1. Read all Bible citations in that section, and then read the Science and Health citations in the same section. Continue with each succeeding section, alternating between the two books.
An example of "Isaiah 45:21 who (to 2nd ;)" marked in the Bible
Each Bible citation contains the book of the Bible, the chapter, and the verse(s):
A passage may start or stop partway through a verse:
SCIENCE AND HEALTH
Each Science and Health citation contains the page number and one or more line numbers:
If the citation is:
- 10:14 — read to the end of the paragraph
- 10:14 It — read starting with It on line 14
- 10:14 (only) — read only the sentence that begins and ends on line 14.
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE
- Unless otherwise indicated, the Bible text of these Bible Lessons is from the King James Version.
- For these Bible Lessons, the word Selah is read aloud only in II Kings 14:7.
- The Roman numerals included in pp. 330-340 (called the Christian Science Platform) are not read aloud.
- The numbers on p. 497 (the Tenets of Christian Science) and the four propositions on page 113 are not read unless read together in their entirety.